During the initial design consultation, our client told her Legacy designer, Jennean, that she had three primary wishes for her new kitchen:
- Replace the outdated brown color everywhere.
- Have a bigger, more functional island.
- Find a natural space for her kids to work on the computer.
Jennean was able to make the homeowner’s wishes a reality by:
- Implementing a grey and white colour scheme not only in the kitchen, but throughout the entire main floor. Our client also used Legacy’s recommended interior decorator to help with selecting new furniture, refinishing the hardwood floor and painting all bases and cases.
- Designing a bigger island with seating, storage and wine fridge.
- Creating a charming built-in computer desk away from the primary food prep area but still right in the kitchen.
Like all kitchen renovations, this project gave our team the opportunity to address challenges with creative solutions. One example of Jennean’s innovative thinking was her handling of a very large refrigerator. Jennean wanted to keep the new appliance from breaking the visual lines of the space, so she added custom paneling to blend it seamlessly with the cabinetry.
We asked Jennean to point out her favorite design details, “The coffered ceiling is a fantastic design element. The ceilings weren’t very high but we were able to custom make 3 inch MDF strips that were painted and installed in a grid pattern and made a stunning design detail that the homeowners love. The homeowner absolutely loves the lightness and brightness of the whole space and the size of the new island.”
Additional information about this kitchen:
|Kitchen Perimeter Cabinetry||Painted Matte White|
|Island Cabinetry||Painted Benjamin Moore Chelsea Grey|
|Countertop||3/4″ Caesarstone Calcutta Nouveau|