What were you goals for the kitchen renovation?
- Update the look from the old honey oak kitchen we had for a long time by introducing a color palette to compliment the rest of our house that had already been renovated.
- Change the L-shaped island to improve seating.
- We love to host and wanted the kitchen to be more of a gathering space for conversation and refreshment.
- Improve cabinet functionality and increase storage space.
How did Allison help you to meet those goals?
- Applied a stunning colour scheme with painted grey Benjamin Moore Steel Wool cabinets and an Ebony black island. The Sea Grove Caesarstone countertops completed the look.
- Extended the island size to provide seating on the side and across the back.
- Redesigned the area beside the fridge to create a drink bar with a fridge, wine rack and glass uppers to complete the look.
- Removed a desk from the hallway leading into the kitchen to make room for new, full height pantries that gained us significant storage space.
What are your favourite design and functional elements in the new kitchen?
Island – the Cambria countertop is stunning and the size is so functional. People gravitate to it and adding seating allows for more people to gather around that space.
Bar Area – we use it a lot and it looks stunning with all the glass elements.
Appliances – their placement and functionality make a big difference.
Additional information about this kitchen:
|Perimeter Cabinets||Allura PP430 Shaker door in Maple Benjamin Moore Steel Wool|
|Island Cabinets||Allura PP430 Shaker door in Ebony|
|Countertops||Cambria Quartz in Sea Grove|